Are you struggling with midlife belly fat?
Belly fat can mean much more more than how you look or your jeans or dress size.
Your jelly belly may be a clue you’ve got metabolic syndrome.
I’m discussing metabolic syndrome in honor of Diabetes Awareness Month. In the U.S., 114 million people either have diabetes or prediabetes. But did you know that ~23% of adults have metabolic syndrome, which can increase your risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke?
The diagnosis is made if you have 3 of these 5 symptoms:
- A waist size of 35 inches (89 cm) for women; 40 inches (102 cm) for men
- Fasting blood sugar ≥100 mg/dL (or taking drug therapy to lower sugar)
- Blood pressure of ≥130/85 (or taking meds to lower blood pressure)
- Low HDL or “good” cholesterol
a. Men ≤ 40 mg/dL
b. Women ≤ 50 mg/dL
- Triglycerides ≥ 150 mg/dLIt’s easy to understand in the short music video below called Metabolic Syndrome.
Yours in good health,
Mache Seibel, MD
Author of EstrogenFixBook.com
PS: Did you know taking estrogen can lower your risk of type 2 diabetes? Get Chapter 1 of my #1 New Release book Free at www.DrMache.com/EstrogenFixCh1/