Summer is just around the corner, and for some people, thoughts of balmy weather and days at the beach are inspiration enough to get out and get moving. If you need even more motivation to start exercising (and a few easy tips to make your weight loss goal a success), read on…
General Benefits of Exercise
The benefits of exercise go far beyond a toned body and a slimmed down physique.
Regular exercise can:
- Help many of your body’s systems operate better
- Alleviate depression and anxiety
- Increase your chances of living longer – and healthier
- Protect you from developing heart disease, stroke and certain cancers (including colon and breast cancer)
- Prevent osteoporosis
5 Easy Weight Loss Tips:
It’s no secret that exercise – in combination with a healthy lifestyle – can lead to weight loss. If you want to accelerate your weight loss efforts and see better results, try the tips below.
1. Drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water each day. If you’re trying to lose weight, don’t skip the water – it can help regulate your metabolism and boost your metabolic rate.
2. Eat every 3-4 hours – or five times a day. Prevent your brain from thinking there is a scarcity of food – and switching into fat-saving mode – by eating properly portioned food five times daily.
3. Consume real food. Protein bars or shakes may start off with a lower calorie count than a meal, but your body doesn’t have to do much to digest these foods, and you end up with more calories. Eat a regular meal instead.
4. Mind the sweets. You don’t have to give up sugar completely, just eat it in moderation – limit yourself to 18 grams of sugar or less per snack. This will help you avoid taking in too much sugar at once – which can send your body into fat-saving (rather than fat-burning) mode.
5. Watch your portions. Portion control helps you get just the right amount of food – not too much (which can sabotage weight loss) and not too little (which can actually switch your body into fat-saving mode).
Time for Action!
If it’s been awhile since you exercised regularly, experiment with different activities to find one (or a few!) that engage you. Play tennis, go for a swim, or enjoy a walk.
And remember, you don’t lose weight from exercise alone. A combination of exercising and eating right will ensure you meet your weight loss goals this summer and beyond…
For more FREE information and tips Click Here!