Dave Asprey is best known for his Bulletproof coffee. Here is an original recipe from his new book, Bulletproof: The Cookbook. Dave recommends you “be sure you get dried cranberries that are sweetened naturally without corn syrup. You want to avoid hidden sugars at all cost. If you can find young Thai coconuts in a local market, by all means use them. Their fresh flavor is a treat.”
Use this recipe is for one serving.
• 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup filtered water, freshly boiled
• 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
• 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk (or 1 young Thai coconut, meat and water)
• 1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane oil (or MCT – medium chain triglycerides – or coconut oil)
• 1 tbsp chopped almonds or pecans, for serving
• 1 tsp thinly sliced fresh mint, for serving
Directions: In a small saucepan, combine the dried cranberries and hot water and set aside to rehydrate for 10 minutes. Add the ginger, cucumber, cinnamon, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Cover the blender lid with a cloth (in case the lid leaks) and blend until smooth. Add the coconut milk and Brain Octane oil and blend again until creamy. Serve with chopped nuts and mint.
Recipe reprinted from Bulletproof: The Cookbook by Dave Asprey. Rodale Books, Copyright (c) 2015 by Dave Asprey.
Wonder where you are in menopause? Take the free MenopauseQuiz.com. You’ll get immediate response and tips to help you. Everyone passes MenopauseQuiz.com.