The holidays are wonderful; and wonderfully stressful. Families get together and reconnect, and sometimes things get a bit stressful. With all the food and stress around, it’s no small wonder that many people have a tendency to eat….and eat. And often it’s not the best food choices.
But there are some things you can do to reduce stress. And what you eat is one of the ways to reduce stress. Here are 10 stress tips to know what to eat or not eat to reduce stress.
- Limit coffee and caffeine intake and don’t drink caffeine after 6pm
- Stay away from high fat (especially saturated fat), sugar, white flour and salt
- Avoid fried foods
- Skip the mindless munching. If you want a snack, grab some almonds, walnuts or piece of fruit
- Use portion control – supersized potions just add to the problem
- Don’t skip meals, particularly breakfast
- Drink eight glasses of water daily – did I mention to skip the sodas
- If you plan to diet, make sure it’s balanced with fruits and vegetables, protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- Eat 30-40 grams per day of fiber
- Eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B, C and antioxidants. Flavonoids are also helpful. You can find them in 80% pure dark chocolate, green tea, blackberries, onions, apples, grapes and red wine.
For more free tips to reduce stress, CLICK HERE to get my FREE Top 10 STESS BUSTERS eBOOK on how to reduce stress. You’ll find many ways to reduce stress and how to control stress to make the holidays and every day less stressful.